Thursday, April 05, 2012

Photoshop CS6

There's Photoshop CS6 Beta version out that everyone is psyched about at the moment. I haven't used it and I don't think I ever will. Here's why.

CS6 is more user friendly than CS5, but that is it. Isn't this something they could've added to CS5 before they launched it? This new version seems more like a moneymaking scheme for those who believe money grows on trees.
Do I really need a feature that changes my interface to 4 different shades of grey? Or a search box in the layers panel to search for a layer which I named? ALL of their new features seem like something I already know how to do on my own.
It is nice they are finally paying more attention to details of their software. But I think they could definitely hold on to their amazing new user-friendly features for a proper release. OR they could always release these features as free updates for their starving customers who pay a fortune for their products.

Here's a review by someone who's actually tried the new version.

No comments: