Friday, February 21, 2014

Brooch Experiment 2

Experiment continues. I am finding out how much work is involved in turning these prints into brooches. It'd help if I used metal for the backing. But the whole point of this is to use scrap paper. After many failed attempts at cutting out small pieces to fit the back and gluing them together, I think I've figured out a way to successfully do it. It's still time consuming, but using paper makes these brooches super light. Thus it won't sag on your clothing and eventually rip it.

I'm making a few different sizes and different number of sheets of paper backing for each of them. I've noticed that the Mod Podge sits a bit funny on larger ones. And depending on the size of the brooch, the thickness will have to vary too.

And so the experiment goes on.

No comments: