Thursday, February 20, 2014

Brooch Experiment

We are still conducting an experiment. I am hoping to use my illustrations to make paper brooches. To do that, I have been trying many different types of varnishes. I have even been using nail polish as the base coat so the ink wouldn't bleed. And for that extra oomph and dimension, I've been using Mod Podge Dimensional Magic. It seems to work fine, but it's time consuming.

We are also using scraps of cardstock and paper for that thick backing. No paper goes to waste! Currently we're looking into making our own paper so we can literally use every piece of paper we encounter. Paper... Paper. PAPER!!!

Anyway, here are new brooch designs. Except for that white cat face. That one's old. We are hoping to donate a percentage of our profit by selling these to wildlife conservation organisations.

No comments: